Types Of Office Workstations and How Can You Maximize Office Workflow With Effective Workstations
29 Nov 2016 in Business
There are different factors to consider when you go for a complete changing of your existing office workspace, and well-designed office workstations enhance the flow of work among employees, and they also help to accelerate the overall growth of the office. Along with the space consumption, types of cubicles, wiring and color and design layout, there is also the concept of space optimization which you have to consider while you decide to design your own office space. It does not matter whether you go to an office, or you have an office right in your home, what matters is the type of workstation you choose and how it can have an effect on the overall office ambience.
What are the areas that require maximum attention while you design an office workstation?
- The initial layout of the workstation: depending on the number of employees inside the office, and also depending on the available office space, you need to design the workstations, to maximize the workflow, and also to make space for the desks, tables and chairs to be kept. The position and size of windows and the doors must planned to allow adequate lighting of the workspace. Also, the working space must be decluttered to make enough space for positive energy to flow.
- There should be enough storage space: It is needless to say that when you own an office, you must also have sufficient storage space to store papers, notes, files and books. Apart from this, locking of the storage space is also essential. For instance, if there are more hard copies like paperworks, then you can store these in the administrative departments, but if you have more soft copies for storage facility, then you can save these in secure computers So space optimization and storage are important factors to consider when you contemplate the building of office workstations.
- You also need screens for office workstations: Office workstations can look better with high quality screens which will reflect light, but at the same time insulate sound and retain the privacy of the employees. If the screens are too big, then the employees will feel detached and isolated, but if they are too low, then the employees can indulge in idle gossip
What are the different types of office workstations that you can use for your office?
- The L-shaped workstation: this is quite easy to access, and you can actually join different segments of the workstation to enhance employee productivity. This type of workstation is ideal for group motivation, and these kinds of workstations are ideally used in the IT industries and also in some BPO industries.
- Linear workstations: This includes a series of workstations, and each workstation has an entrance from the front. There is a partition at the front desk, and this can be made of a white board or a fabric board.
- Single pentagon and seater workstation: the single pentagon is made only for a single individual with two closed sides, and having only one side open.
There are different materials which you can use to make your office workstations. Depending on the sturdiness and flexibility, as well as on the color and lighting selection, the complete layout of your office workstation must be planned. You have to take into account your budget as well as the designs that can be customized to suit your productivity needs.